Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lturner03

Receiving Refund

Hi Guys, I have submitted and have tax refund accepted but I do not know how to submit a bank account for them to send my refund to and everytime I try and click on my notice of assessment on the cra website it say's 'unavailable at this time'. Can someone tell me how I submit my bank account to them so I can get the refund?

Thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Receiving Refund

As per the Canada Agency Revenue (CRA):

You can use direct deposit to get your payments if you receive one of the following payments from the CRA and have a Canadian bank account:

• income tax refund
  • goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax credit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
  • Canada child benefit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
  • Canada workers benefit
  • deemed overpayment of tax
  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit, Canada Recovery Benefit, Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit

There are some options for you to sign up for direct deposit or update your account information:

• Through financial institutions: You can sign up for direct deposit or change your account information through many Canadian financial institutions; banks, credit unions, trust companies. (Please visit the CRA, scroll down, and click on "Choose your financial institution" to find your  institution.) Once you provide consent through one of the financial institutions, your CRA direct deposit information will be updated the following business day. You can visit your financial institution’s website for information on how to sign up.
  • Online - My Account Portal: You can sign up yourself if you are registered for My Account
  • Online - mobile application: To start or update direct deposit information, use MyCRA.
  • By phone: To sign up for direct deposit or to change your account information, call CRA at 1-800-959-8281. You will need your:
    • social insurance number
    • full name and current address, including postal code
    • date of birth
    • most recent income tax and benefit return and information about the most recent payments you received from the Canada Revenue Agency
    • banking information: three-digit financial institution number, five-digit transit number, and your account number

For more information about direct deposit and to find out how to update your account, please visit  Frequently asked questions about direct deposit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Receiving Refund

As per the Canada Agency Revenue (CRA):

You can use direct deposit to get your payments if you receive one of the following payments from the CRA and have a Canadian bank account:

• income tax refund
  • goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax credit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
  • Canada child benefit and any similar provincial and territorial payments
  • Canada workers benefit
  • deemed overpayment of tax
  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit, Canada Recovery Benefit, Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit

There are some options for you to sign up for direct deposit or update your account information:

• Through financial institutions: You can sign up for direct deposit or change your account information through many Canadian financial institutions; banks, credit unions, trust companies. (Please visit the CRA, scroll down, and click on "Choose your financial institution" to find your  institution.) Once you provide consent through one of the financial institutions, your CRA direct deposit information will be updated the following business day. You can visit your financial institution’s website for information on how to sign up.
  • Online - My Account Portal: You can sign up yourself if you are registered for My Account
  • Online - mobile application: To start or update direct deposit information, use MyCRA.
  • By phone: To sign up for direct deposit or to change your account information, call CRA at 1-800-959-8281. You will need your:
    • social insurance number
    • full name and current address, including postal code
    • date of birth
    • most recent income tax and benefit return and information about the most recent payments you received from the Canada Revenue Agency
    • banking information: three-digit financial institution number, five-digit transit number, and your account number

For more information about direct deposit and to find out how to update your account, please visit  Frequently asked questions about direct deposit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.