Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESULT CODE 2226

10 Replies

RESULT CODE 2226

Has anyone experiences this code when Efiling with CRA??

"

Code: #2226 - One of the following situations exists on your return with respect to your claim on Schedule 6, Canada Workers Benefit. Please verify your entries and make the necessary corrections.

1. Your answer to the question on lines 38101 and/or 38104 indicates you have an eligible spouse, but your marital status on the return is not married or living common-law. If you were married or living common-law at any time during the year, but your marital status on the return is widowed, and your spouse or common-law partner was an eligible spouse, indicate this on your return as instructed by your software.

2. You entered an amount on lines 38106, 38107, 38108, 38109, and/or 38110 concerning your eligible spouse, but you did not indicate your marital status as married or living common-law on the return. If you were married or living common-law at any time during the year, but your marital status on the return is widowed, and your spouse or common-law partner was an eligible spouse, indicate this on your return as instructed by your software.

3. Your marital status is married or living common-law, but you did not indicate if your spouse or common-law partner was an eligible spouse.

RESULT CODE 2226

exact same thing for me

avspowar

RESULT CODE 2226

I have received this error code and I do not know how to resolve it to netfile.

RESULT CODE 2226

I was told by a technical agent named Tracy just now that CRA is having a technical problem with joint tax fillings and to hold off until they fix the problem on their end.  I am supposed to get an email when the problem is resolved.

DMW68

RESULT CODE 2226

yes, how to resolve?

DMW68

RESULT CODE 2226

Can you let us know when it is resolved?

RESULT CODE 2226

I am having same replies  and CRA rejecting but cannot find the errors

RESULT CODE 2226

i received the same error code!

I just tried calling Turbotax help support and they said it is a technical error in the system and to refrain from filing for now until it is fixed.

She said someone will try calling or sending an email when the technical error is resolved. she confirmed they received a lot more phonecalls about the error this evening and they are actively working to resolve the issue.

RESULT CODE 2226

I can certainly post here when this problem gets fixed on my end.  Hopefully CRA fixes this issue shortly.