Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pfmcadam

Return Limit

Turbotax "deluxe" Online Edition (not sure who the "deluxe" benefits)

As normal I complete mine and my wife's return together. I was able to file mine with no problem (used 1 return) when I attempted to file my wife's it was refused. After different attempts and editing some information I finally realized my wife's SIN number was incorrect. I attempted several times to edit the number and could not. Looking this up through help, it was stated that if I could not change the SIN number, I would need to restart a return which means redoing everything, not happy. Logging back to do this, I noticed that I now only have 6 returns, so a failed attempt results in 1 return used? This is not right! I copied my combined returns and was able to edit the SIN? Why couldn't I do this with the original? I was successful in filing my wife's return however, it cost me two more returns to do so??? I now have 4 of 8 returns available and have only filed two returns which is unacceptable. I have used Turbo Tax for several years with no problems whatsoever and enjoy using the software but with this year's experience, I'm uncertain as to what I will do next year and I am disappointed that I need to consider this. Hopefully no one else experiences this glitch in the system. Hopefully Intuit/Turbotax can rectify this situation.

1 Reply

Return Limit

Thank you for your feedback.

As soon as a return is filed - it automatically uses one return and will also use it if you printed a return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.