Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzgiz

'reverse' deferring medical expenses

I thought I'd push medical receipts into 2024 tax year, then realized it was a mistake. I've tried to double-click on the Medical Expenses Worksheet and it will not allow any entries at all. Thanks!

5 Replies

Go to easysteps and you will be able to enter it from there. Once in easy steps go to the top right "FIND" type in Medical Expenses and Go. Then you will be where you can add your medical expenses.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mzgiz

Thanks, Brenda...

First, even though I'm done with my taxes, going to EasySteps the Find button is not active... TurboTax wants me to trudge through ALL the steps again! I DO have access to "Medical Expenses Worksheet" and it will not accept new entries...it's as if TurboTax knows I've deferred expenses and will not allow entries any longer.

if you haven't completed the Introduction section in easy steps the rest will be locked until that part is done. Yes, if you have filed your return you will not be allowed to make any changes.  You will need to wait until you receive your notice of assessment before you can make changes. Then you can choose to ReFile, or Make changes in your CRA "My Account".

mzgiz

Thanks, Brenda - and all

I don't know if it's the reason, but I had not entered all the information in the top 3-4 rows of the expenses; i.e. date, notes, etc. But when I went back into my return and entered all these, the expenses were accepted!

Great to hear! 🙂