Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadEmm

Review: Warning stating "You indicated that CRA has an approved Disability Certificate (Form T2201) on file" when not selected

Just about to file our taxes and my wife's return has a warning starting with "You indicated that CRA has an approved Disability Certificate (Form T2201) on file".  We went over the entire return and couldn't find a single thing that indicated anyone in our family has any sort of disability; is there something we can do to clear this warning?

Also, version is "TurboxTax Standard 2019" - doesn't seem to be an option for Standard in the below drop down list.

10 Replies
bmcinto

Review: Warning stating "You indicated that CRA has an approved Disability Certificate (Form T2201) on file" when not selected

I have the exact same issue with my Turbo Tax Premier 2019, even after a software update this morning.  Problem was not evident before the Turbo Tax update that was done on February 26, 2020.  Long-time user of Turbo Tax  and have never seen this problem before.  So Turbo tax, How about an answer?

Same thing for us. Both myself and my wife have the same warning for form T2201. 

Neither of us applied for the deduction.  We reviewed the file several times and were unable to clear the warning under "Review" section. 

Waiting for answer from Turbotax .

We are using Turbotax "Standard" for Windows 2019.

I have the same warning on my husbands and my own return, but neither one has the disability credit selected, and I went through both the easy forms and the normal forms. I did a friend of mine and my daughters return when Netfile went live on the 24th, and those warnings weren't there, but did an update today and all of a sudden the warning is there.

Ok, so after goofing around with it for over an hour this morning, I think I have it figured out as I have no more warnings ( I have the home and business one, not sure if there is any difference). I normally use the easy form, well because it is easier. I clicked on FORMS at the top of the screen, and it opens the actual tax forms. From there, at the very bottom of the screen, you should some boxes, with your name, forms, and t-slips (you might have more but that is all I have), for each of us. You will have to do this for both of you, but click on yours (box should go yellow), then click on forms, then select INFOWS. From there, it is a little hard to read, but under the heading Taxpayer Filing Information, it's the 4th (asking if it's the first time claiming the disability credit), 5th (Does CRA already have T2201), and 6th (claim disability transfer from spouse) ones, make sure there are no X's in either column. Once you have done yours, click SAVE at the top and then do your spouses and the click SAVE again. I did that and then went back to my warnings and they are now gone. Hope it works for you!

This fixed it for me! Thanks for the excellent writeup on the solution. TurboTax, your broken. Go fix yourself.

Thank you very much for your efforts. We did as you suggested and no "warnings".

Thank you! I was going crazy trying to figure out why this was happening! This worked for me!

Dunfordc

Awesome huge thanks for the fix i felt like i was crazy trying to find where i was trying to claim that.

gcamp54
Returning Member

I also had the same warning message for my tax return and after carefully checking everything over, I couldn't figure out where the warning was coming from.

Thanks for a solution to this error; I'm going to give it a try!