Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions are answered w reference to a line item #. How does one find out which TT question these line items refer to?

2 Replies
bryant1
Intuit Alumni

Some questions are answered w reference to a line item #. How does one find out which TT question these line items refer to?

In TurboTax Online, you can find line items in the Detailed Tax Summary page. You can access this page by following this path:  Review:Bottom Line: Detailed Tax Summary. 

I'm done now of course but thank you for the reply. If the line item in the detailed summary links (or at least references) back to the related input question then this is helpful. Otherwise, I still won't know when answering a question which line it relates to. Most of the time this doesn't matter - but when the forum questions online (even within the TT community) only refer to the line and not the question but information can only be added to my tax return by answering the question - there is an unbridgeable gap.