Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jg9876

Splitting Moving expenses with spouse

Hello,

Spouse and I relocated provinces for his job in June. We are eligible to claim moving expensea and have claimed moving expenses against his income in our new location but we would like to use some of the leftover amount on my income instead of carrying it all over to next year. I remained working for the same employer remotely. If I go to add moving expenses for me in turbo tax, it asks for the info about my new employer etc.. I don't have a new employer but I know based on the advice here  and on CRA that I am eligible to a portion or all of the credit as his spouse. How do we allocate part of it to me in TurboTax when it insists on inputting info about the new job?? 

2 Replies
Tree123

Did you get a workable answer to this?

Echo9er

I'd also like to know how to do this --- turbotax people, can you please reply? Seems like the only way is to enter all the same information twice under each person, but then it carries forward too much? do you just enter portions of the moving expenses under each person so the overall total is the same, and then add the income amount to be deducted under each person? Not intuitive, and I can't find any information on how to do this. I found and article saying, "yes you can", but the "how" is not in your tool or in your help.