Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcperron60
Returning Member

Staycation

1) There are not enough lines to input all of my claims.  I've been to 5 different Ontario Parks campgrounds (one of them twice, at different times) as well as a couple of private Ontario campgrounds, and I also have a couple of hotel stays.  How do I get all those claims entered (I use the paid Standard desktop software) when there are only 7 lines?  I know it's max $2,000 for the family but we are still well below that with all of these claims.

2) The address field is not big enough to input all of the info.  Do we really need to enter the full address?

3) How do I claim hotel stays when booked through a 3rd party i.e. Expedia in my case. We didn't get a receipt from the hotels as these were booked through, and paid to, Expedia. Do we list the individual hotels and their HST#, even though we didn't pay them or do we list Expedia and its HST#?

Thanks,

Denis

1 Reply

Staycation

Hi @dcperron60 !

Thanks for questions. For the first one, you should be able to combine amounts for the campgrounds you visited twice. For the remaining questions, perhaps this FAQ will help:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/tax-return/claim-ontario-st...

Hope that provides some clarity, and happy filing!