Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwhite3
Returning Member

T2125 not calculating CCA line 9936 correctly with business-use-of-home expense CCA

Hi,

I'm in a partnership and we each have personal CCA which needs to get accounted for on line 7K in the business-use-of-home expenses (Part 7).  I believe 7K + 9936 should add up to Area A "i" (Total CCA claim for the year), but TurboTax just puts the total CCA in to line 9936 regardless of the value in 7K.

From the T2125 form:  (Area A "i"):

(enter the amount on line 9936 of Part 4, amount i minus any personal part and any CCA for business-use-of-home expenses)

Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if you agree this is an issue.

Thanks,

Craig

3 Replies
cwhite3
Returning Member

T2125 not calculating CCA line 9936 correctly with business-use-of-home expense CCA

If someone can confirm whether this is a bug in TurboTax or not, that would be helpful.

If it is a bug and I need to override CCA line 9936 on the T2125 to work around the issue, will I still be able to Netfile?

To summarize, I want my CCA (Part A "i") to apply in business-use-of-home CCA  (Part 7K) and not in the Partnership Net-Income CCA line 9936.  The field level instructions on the form are fairly clear (well, for a CRA form), but TurboTax is preventing this operation.

lisabreed

I have the same issue - like 9936 is simply NOT getting populated. Then I get message from Netfile saying Error 180010! Online with support now to see if I can get this resolved as I want to Netfile!

lisabreed

I SOLVED IT...

So if you have Error 180010 - check your T2125 - I put in other expenses but the actual amount slipped into the next line which was terminal loss... Thus causing CCA to not populate automatically!