Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DependentProblem
Returning Member

Transferring dependent basic tax credit in Quebec

Good Day,

I am having difficulties transferring the unused basic credit from my child to me (his parent) in Quebec Schedule A Part B (Amount Transferred by a Child 18 years or older enrolled in post-secondary studies).  My child is a 23 years old, post-secondary student living at home in Quebec with no income.  I have answered all the Easy Step questions and the credits are assigned to Quebec Schedule A Part C (Amount for other dependants).  Specifically, I have gone to the “Your Quebec credits profile” and checked the box “Amounts for Dependents and Transfer Amounts”, but I can not find a way to have Quebec Schedule A Part B (Amount Transferred by a Child 18 years or older enrolled in post-secondary studies) filled in with the transfer of the basic tax credit.

Can you please provide advice?

Thank you

2 Replies

If you need assistance, I suggest you give us a call. Our support team will be better able to assist you with screen sharing, to solve the issue or escalate to a higher level for resolution, if necessary.

Click on the following link; https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/ and follow the instructions and the correct number will be provided to you.

Hello! In form mode, you must have completed this section in the Dependant Information dialog  (see attachment)Schedule A Part B.jpg