Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ave2023

Transferring your past turbo tax filled returns from a parent's User ID to your user ID.

I started filling my returns years ago under my parents user ID. Now as an independent adult I would like to file my next year's tax return under my own user ID (where other family members cannot access my T4 statements etc.) How can I load my past filing information under my user ID, so that I can leverage the information to file my next filling return? There's information such as the tuition credits that can be carried forward. 

1 Reply

Transferring your past turbo tax filled returns from a parent's User ID to your user ID.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to get  your previous income tax returns put under a different ID as that is how they were created. You can simply download a PDF of each to have it saved on your computer.  This year, you can complete your own under  your own ID if you wish to- if you have any credits which are transferred over you will  have those amounts in your Notice of Assessment. You will need to enter them manually this year only. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.