Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashfaqakhan11
Returning Member

Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

I have got a Tuition and Enrolment Certificate, addressed to Canada Revenue Agency issued by a college. The Tuition fee and the number of months studied are mentioned in columns #26 and 24, So should I treat this as T2202 or TL11A or TL11c?

2 Replies

Yes, this is the 2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate, To enter your T2202 - Tuition and Enrolment Certificate in TurboTax Online, click on “Students” under the “Deductions” tab. Check the box next to “Tuition fees on a receipt, T2202, or TL11”, and anything else that applies to you. Click the blue “Continue” button to start the student portion of the interview.

For more information please refer to this TurboTax link: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/tax-return/claim-tuition-fe...

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

T2202 is issued by Canadian colleges, universities, and educational institutions.

TL11A: for students studying at a university outside Canada.

TL11C: for students commuting to the United States  to attend a university, college, or other educational institution providing courses at a post-secondary school level. 

Your Tuition and Enrollment Certificate was issued by a designated educational institution (DEI) in Canada. So, you should treat it as T2022. In T2022, Box 24 shows that the total number of part-time months that the student was enrolled in a qualifying educational program or specified educational program. And Box 26 includes the total amount of eligible tuition fees for part-time and full-time sessions that the student was enrolled in a qualifying educational program or specified educational program.

NOTE:  Please note that the T2202 information return has replaced Forms T2202A and TL11B for 2019 and subsequent years. For information on how to fill out the T2202 information return, see Guide RC4654, Designated Educational Institutions – Filing the T2202, Tuition and Enrolment Certific.... To file the T2202 information return, go to Filing T2202 Information Return.

Please visit The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) links: 

TL11A Tuition and Enrolment Certificate - University Outside Canada

TL11C Tuition and Enrolment Certificate - Commuter to the United States

T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

Fore more information, please refer to TurboTax Faqs page: How do I claim my tuition fees?

T2202 Tax Form: Tuition & Enrolment Certificate

Thank your for choosing TurboTax.