Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobsled07
Returning Member

Turbo tax business 2019 MAC issue

I had an error with TTbax for business on MAC. Your customer support had me create a new account and re-load the software then copy my 2018 into the new account so I could pull information from last year to this year.  I was able to complete my son's taxes and submit them (he was a first time filer) and I started my 2019 joint tax return (husband and me) and saved it. When I went back to work on it, I can't get it to load.  Both my son's file and mine show they are there but this is the message I get when I try to open either one of them.

The document "Roberta Michalowski 19.tax2019" has the wrong tax year or some other issue that prevents us from opening it.  Please make sure you have the right file and try again/

Is this another bug in the software?  

Pleas help. 

phone is [phone number removed]

1 Reply

Turbo tax business 2019 MAC issue

You mean Home & Business - there is no Mac version  of Business (for corporations and 1041 forms).

Note: you will get that message if the .tax2019 has state information and the state software is not installed prior to opening.   If that is the case then start a new tax return and then add a state to reinstall the state,

1) Try restarting the Mac.

2)  Start TurboTax and use the File -> Open Tax Return and locate the .tax2019 data file and try that way.

3) Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2019 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

4) The .tax2019 file is actually corrupted and cannot be repaired.  Hopefully you use TimeMachine or other backup and can recover the file from the backup.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**