Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda098
Returning Member

Turbo Tax CD version ..where do you enter in the spousal RRSP contribution

We have the Turbotax CD version.  Doing a joint tax return. This year we have a spousal RRSP contribution to enter in.  My husbands name appears as the contributor. Do I enter in that RRSP contribution on his RRSP info?  And then check mark the spot where it asks if this was a spousal contribution?   Or do it enter it in mine, and check mark that it was a spousal ?    I am confused because the online version comments say to enter it in on the spouse that contributed side..but enter the dollar amount in the slot that says spousal rrsp.  The CD version does not have that. 

2 Replies
Linda098
Returning Member

Wow not one helpful person on here to answer my question. 

Hi Linda098,

I had the same question due to the way I received my RRSP receipt from the bank.

I can confirm that for tax year 2021, I did a spousal contribution and entered it into my return tax RRSP receipts area and selected "Yes" to the question about whether it was for the spouse's plan. My notice of assessment for 2021 confirmed I did it correctly. I'll do the same this year.

The total RRSP contributions for each taxpayer should show on the T1 General forms on line 20800 and also on schedule 7.

HTH.

Cheers