Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contraria

Turbo Tax Glitch - will not let me access my 95% completed return to file, support is telling me all info is lost

I lost access to my return last week, it was 95% completed, a return for 2 individuals plus 1 small business. There were 3 numbers I needed to double check with inventory before I finalized the return. When I went to log back in, my return and the info are there - the refund amount is correct so I know the info was saved. But when I hit the button to continue my return, it goes to the error page with the sorry message. 

Screen upon loginScreen upon login

I have tried from different browsers, different computers and the same error message comes up. At this point, I've viewed it about 30 times, and how it's specifically noting that I shouldn't worry, my information is saved. 

Screen after I click "Continue" on return.Screen after I click "Continue" on return.We have spent a lot of time inputting all of our information and our return was almost complete. I have spoken with numerous support people, and responses have ranged from telling me at first that this is a glitch that has happened before, I would be escalated to the proper team for technical help (no one ever contacted me); then I had an awful experience when I called yesterday where I was told abruptly that there was nothing that can be done I need to just delete everything and start again (there was no explanation given on what the glitch is, if it's connected to my account and may happen again; what has happened to my information that is sitting there in the return, because it can't be deleted and it can't be accessed but it's still showing the Refund amount; why am I repeatedly being told my information is safe and my data is saved when clearly that is now a lie). 

This support person yesterday also closed my support case and refunded the payment for the software without my consent or knowledge. I'm part of a program for low-income people where I get help with completing a small business tax return and I had to travel an hour to go into the office for them to input the payment information. Now your agent has refunded that and I am stuck with no return and no means to do another one. 

I am using TurboTax for the first time after years of using different software, and I can't believe such a fundamental failure happens like this. This is the entire point of your product - to file a return - and it is incapable of completing the task?

1 Reply

Turbo Tax Glitch - will not let me access my 95% completed return to file, support is telling me all info is lost

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support team was less than optimal. 

We will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your feedback and your patience as we look further into this.