Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax messed up my Tl2 form deduction and now I owe the cra a lot of money. Can anyone help?

Turbo tax used the 80% rate for my Tl2 form instead of the 50% rate. Now I owe the cra 6700$ for the difference. Software never asked which rate to use.
3 Replies

Turbo tax messed up my Tl2 form deduction and now I owe the cra a lot of money. Can anyone help?

Are you a short-haul truck driver? If yes, you need to claim the 50% and make sure that you enter your information in the proper area on the tax software for short-haul drivers and not the long-haul. This could have made a difference. Please review your tax return and verify where you entered the amounts that you were able to claim. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

No I am not a truck driver. I’m a railway employee and it never gives the option to choose this. It automatically generated the 80% which now put me way in the hole now. Will turbo tax cover any of this?

On TurboTax when you enter your information on the page "Trip Details for Short-haul Truck Drivers and Other Transport Employees" it specifies on the bottom- ** this applies only to claims that railway employees make. Enter your class of service (for example, engineer, maintenance worker, conductor, machine operator, maintenance-of-way employee). It asks you to enter your classification- Can you please verify that everything was entered correctly?  

For the 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee:

• You double-checked your entries and you believe you entered them correctly.
  • If you used a CD/download version of TurboTax, you registered your software and your program is up-to-date.

How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

help