Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax set "personal amounts" for Quebec provincial tax less than 11,305?

I am in Quebec and currently filling income tax for both my husband and myself. Both of us have full time job in the whole 2014 year. However, for our provincial tax calculation, turbo tax automatically put non-refundable tax credits on "personal amounts" for me with an amount that is less than 11,305. I assume this is a fixed amount? My husband has his at 11,305 though.

What could cost the amount to be less than 11,305, or is this a problem with Turbotax calculation? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What amount do you see on line 350 of your quebec return? and on line 359?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What amount do you see on line 350 of your quebec return? and on line 359?

I cant see line 350 and 359 yet as I have yet to checkout. Can I change tax info after checkout and tax file being generated? I am only looking at my provincial tax summary.

Anyway, I have a quick look at line 350 and 359. The only different is if there is any "ADJUSTMENT FOR INCOME REPLACEMENT INDEMNITIES" on RL-5 slip. I dont have that.

However, I notice one thing (either related, or just coincident). The amount of difference between 11,305 and the amount that calculated by Turbotax, happen to be the same as our "Allowable medical expenses" which is claimed under my husband's tax. But this doesn't make sense, isn't?

To have others help you, you would need to explain the forms and line numbers where you are seeing the amounts you're not expecting. If you're using the online version and you can't see individual line numbers, helping out will be tough.

Thanks for the information. I was not familiar with turbo tax and didnt realize it is possible to see the detail breakdown with line number. I finally found the page and I think the actual calculation is correct. The amount shown on summary page is incorrect, even though the final calculation is correct.