Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCG1
Returning Member

Turbotax computation was inaccurate after netfiling. CRA computed it and my refund was less than it was supposed to be. Why? I havent had this problem in the past.

CRA's computation for tax payable was $80 higher than TurboTax's computation.
3 Replies

Turbotax computation was inaccurate after netfiling. CRA computed it and my refund was less than it was supposed to be. Why? I havent had this problem in the past.

In most cases the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will explain how they calculated the amount of your refund/balance owing. You will find this information on your Notice of Assessment (NoA). You can compare the line numbers on your NoA with your tax return to see what the CRA changed. 

If there is a difference between calculations you can complete the following: How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

BCG1
Returning Member

In my CRA account it said that they changed the total payable because of a calculation error.  As for the process with TurboTax. Do they make give you and any refund if you don't actually have any payable, interest or penalty? My refund was reduced by $80. There was not any interest or penalty since I didn't have to put out any money.  I still got a refund but smaller.

You can submit a claim under the TurboTax Maximum Refund Guarantee.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.