Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msfsx1
Returning Member

TurboTax won't let me NetFile and says I am reporting a qualifying retroactive lump sum payment on Form T1198 when I am not.

TurboTax says I am not eligible for NetFile because I am reporting a qualifying retroactive lump sum payment (QRLSP) on form T1198, when I am in fact not. On the NetFile form, there is a list of items that disqualify you from using NetFile, one of which is using the form T1198. The question "Do any of the above situations apply?" is checked "No" but I am still unable to file. Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 Reply
msfsx1
Returning Member

TurboTax won't let me NetFile and says I am reporting a qualifying retroactive lump sum payment on Form T1198 when I am not.

The problem was that I had checked a checkbox on the page Profile > Name - Personal tax profile by accident. This was not reflected anywhere else that was easy to get to without going through every single page and the Find function did not turn up this page even though it contains the text "T1198". Very disappointed in both myself and the software, suggest improving the search function to properly search any text in any of the EasyStep pages and the Forms view, otherwise what's the point? This was my first time using TurboTax and probably also my last. The software, the support, and the forums/community are not user-friendly.