Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCCPA
Returning Member

Unable to open 2023 software now after completing/filing many returns.

When 1st attempted, I agreed to update and now can't open at all but when right-click on icon, I see the returns created. What to do? 

7 Replies

Close everything and then try again. If it still won't open up, keep trying and if it doesn't work you may need to reinstall the software. 

TCCPA
Returning Member

I have done that actually and same issue - unable to open. I used the original software download though NOT a NEW download?

Download from this link

TCCPA
Returning Member

This link is asking me to choose and then what I have pay AGAIN? I am confused. Can the company not send another DOWNLOAD email? I am overseas and everytime I need to log back in here I have go on LTE = additional cost.

please email a new download link.

TCCPA
Returning Member

I have since figured it out BUT a couple of issues:

1. following the download from your link. I am not asked to put in my purchase code ever AND

2. It loads without CODE and I still can't access.

Note that I END TASK in TASK MANAGER and UNINSTALL the 2023 version before each attempt.

Very frustrating!

TCCPA
Returning Member

Hello,

The clearing & removal of original app then re-download via the link did NOT work as mentioned. During the download, i was never asked to put in original purchase KEY AND I am unable to access the tax files. Instagram support is limited and not able to address the problem.

There has been no follow-up on this forum...

Please advise.

If you were never asked for the license code that means that your TurboTax software was still on your computer. Please be sure that you go to add/remove programs to remove TurboTax. If this is what you did and still didn't work we would suggest that you contact our phone support team as they can view your screen and assist you further.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.