Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the box for the NS Sports and Recreation deductions

The program indicates I can claim but have no where to put the information for our claim.
3 Replies

In Easy Step mode the Nova Scotia Children's Sports and Arts Credit is under Claim Dependant Credits. If you are using Forms mode in TurboTax CD/Download it’s on the bottom half of the Dependant pop-up screen.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

What about with Online submissions. I am not using a CD or Downloaded version. 

When using TTO you will go to Deductions: Then go to Additional Dependent Information- You will continue and get to the page that says "Claims for Dependants" then you will see the question "Would you like to review or claim any of these credits?" Click on "YES" and continue. The following page you will click on the "Enter Credit Info" beside the name of the child you are claiming the credit for.  Then you will check off the box that says "Children's Sports and Arts Tax " Continue.  You will then enter the amount paid- and on the bottom if you are doing a joint return it will tell you who will be claiming this credit, however you can change who claims it yourself by adding that amount beside the other persons name and it will adjust itself. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.