Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i input canadian training credit

where is schedule 11
1 Reply

Where can i input canadian training credit

The Canada Training Credit (CTC) is a refundable federal tax credit to help with training and tuition fees.

The Schedule 11 tax form is used by students to calculate their student tax deductions on their federal return. You can only view them in the PDF copy of your return. 

As a student in an educational institution in Canada, you receive an official tax receipt or the T2202A tax form document. If you were studying outside Canada, you got the TL11A or the TL11C tax form. To enter your training credit and tuition information please follow the instructions below.

To Enter your training credit in TurboTax Online:

1. Go to Your Student Profile by selecting Find from the menu
  2. Enter student in the search bar, then choose Students from the list of results and select Go
  3. Select Tuition fees on receipt, T2202, or TL11 and complete the tuition section of your return. If eligible, you’ll see the Canada Training Credit screen
  4. Enter the Canada Training Limit amount from your previous year’s Notice of Assessment (NOA). You'll then be directed to a screen showing your available credit amount and whether it can be claimed
  5. Once completed, you’ll see a Student Summary of the claim amount on your return

For more information on Eligibility for Training credits and where to enter them in both online and CD/Download versions please visit the link 

What are Canada Training Credits, and how do I enter them into TurboTax?

For more information on the Schedule 11 Tax form please read the TurboTax article Schedule 11 Tax Form: Tuition & Education Amounts for your federal return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.