Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Turbotax edition to use ?

Hi, my husband and I used to buy TurboTax Self-Employed with 12 returns from Costco.  He is self-employeed and I work for him, and we split the business income like 60% and 40%. It was easy to use. TurboTax will calculate automatically. I didn't have to input the expenses twice. Now, this year, I would like to know if we can both buy your on-line  Self-Employeed edition at $49.99 each? Will we be able to split our income as in 12 returns edition ? 

3 Replies

Yes, you can still do a spousal return together with our Self-Employed software for $49.99 each. 

For more information, please see our TurboTax FAQ: When Married Couples Run Businesses Together

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

If you and your husband are both self-employed and want to file your taxes separately, you can each purchase the TurboTax Self-Employed edition for $49.99. This edition is designed for individuals with self-employment income, and it includes all the forms and features you need to accurately report your business income and expenses.

You can each create a spousal return together within the same account and enter your respective income and expenses. The software will automatically calculate your tax owed and suggest deductions and credits you may be eligible for.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. So if I want to enter business income and expenses just one time and let TurboTax to split them according to our partnership percentage, I will have buy the 12 return edition from Costco ?