Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thocfoot

Why does the Reimbursements received not show a figure after I have input all of my hotel information on the staycation tax credit page?

2 Replies
sgarg15
Returning Member

Why does the Reimbursements received not show a figure after I have input all of my hotel information on the staycation tax credit page?

Hello 🙂

Thanks for your question ! Just want to make sure that I got the question right? Are you saying that when you put in all your hotel information , it doesnot reflect how much tax credit will be reimbursed for your staycation? Please confirm thanks 

sgarg15
Returning Member

The Ontario Staycation Tax Credit is a refundable personal income tax credit for 2022 that can help families get back up to 20% of their eligible accommodation expenses in Ontario. Individuals can claim up to $1,000 and families can claim up to $2,000 to get back up to $200 as an individual or $400 as a family.

Eligible expenses include stays at hotels, motels, resorts, lodges, bed-and-breakfasts, cottages, campgrounds, and vacation rental properties. The credit doesn't apply to travel expenses such as car rentals, fuel, flights, groceries, parking, or admission fees, or expenses that are for school, work, or medical purposes.

To claim these amounts when filing your return, select your version of TurboTax, then follow the instructions provided:

For TurboTax Online

1. Navigate to the Provincial section of TurboTax using the side panel, and select the option for Get Started
  2. On the Let’s walk through your provincial return page, select Continue
  3. On the Next, let’s enter your Provincial information page, select Continue
  4. On the Your Provincial Profile for 2022 page, check the box for NEW! Ontario staycation tax credit, then select Continue
  5. On the next page, enter your staycation expense amount, then select Continue

For TurboTax Online

1. Navigate to the Provincial section of TurboTax using the side panel, and select the option for Get Started
  2. On the Let’s walk through your provincial return page, select Continue
  3. On the Next, let’s enter your Provincial information page, select Continue
  4. On the Your Provincial Profile for 2022 page, check the box for NEW! Ontario staycation tax credit, then select Continue
  5. On the next page, enter your staycation expense amount, then select Continue