Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmina10

Why I haven't received GST after April 2021. I believe I am still eligible.Filed my tax return every year, a resident of canada & have low-modest income.What should I do?

How to claim the previous GST credit? Or Does anyone have/had this issue?
3 Replies

Why I haven't received GST after April 2021. I believe I am still eligible.Filed my tax return every year, a resident of canada & have low-modest income.What should I do?

Did you file your tax returns each year and received a notice of assessment fro the CRA, which would tell you if you qualify for the GST credit? Did you change your email or home address and forgot to tell the CRA? 

You can contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 and they will be able to advise you of why you haven't been receiving the GST credit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I did file my tax return every year and it doesn't mention that I “qualify right away” for every tax return that I did every year. It just says this statement everytime “We will automatically calculate your goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax credit based on your family net income, marital status, and qualified children. If you qualify for any credit for July 202X to 202X, we will let you know in July.” I was receiving the GST credits quarterly before April 2021, but after that nothing.

And nothing changing with my information.

Do you have any idea and information is greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I sound dumb or clueless. I am just curious. Thank you.

We recomment that  you contact the CRA as they can view your account to see what you qualify for. Did you happen to change your bank account or address? Please contact the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.