Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mknoll

Why the difference between what my daughter's return says she can transfer in tuition to me and what my return is calculating as max - the amount on her return is higher.

When I filed my daughter's tax return using Turbo tax, it indicated she could transfer over $1900 to me in tuition credits. When I filled in the required information on my return in the transfer credits section, it indicated the maximum she could transfer was $582. I have already filed my daughter's return indicating she was transferring the 1900 to me.  I have more than enough income to use her full transfer.

3 Replies

Why the difference between what my daughter's return says she can transfer in tuition to me and what my return is calculating as max - the amount on her return is higher.

What province are you in?
mknoll

I am in BC however the BC transfer is fine, it is the federal where the large difference is.

Please refer to this link and let me know.........
How do I enter tuition transferred from my spouse or child?
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647703