Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catluvrz1978
Returning Member

Won’t accept my answers for Ontario CARE credit form

I am constantly receiving an error message which is preventing me from netfiling. It keeps warning me and keeps taking me back to the form for the CARE credit which I keep completing but it still continues to give me the errors. Anybody else encounter this and know how to fix the problem? 

3 Replies

You'll want to start back at the Childcare Expenses Intro (sidebar > Deductions > Childcare Expenses).

1. After entering your Childcare Expenses , (and they are NOT being claimed by the higher income earner), continue
2. When you land on the "Childcare Access and Relief from Expenses (CARE) tax credit", you should have checked off YES to "Did all eligible children have the same supporting person(s)?" and ONE to "Without counting one of you, how many other supporting persons are there for all eligible children?".

The first screenshot below shows "how to check the boxes", the second shows the Provincial Tax Summary with NO CREDITS for a couple who's income exceeds $150k

I checked “yes” and “one” as you noted but I’m still brought back to the warning page.  I’m stuck in a loop. Is there a glitch in the system?  Should I just hit “done with warnings”?

Fyshie

Hi, 

I am having the same issues and it is extremely frustrating. I have used TurboTax for several years and this may be last. If I had not already paid for my return I would be going to a new software. 

I don't even get the second question now to place check one.

For each eligible child there may be one or more supporting persons. I get the following
Did all eligible children have the same supporting person(s)?
Yes
No

Other than you and Gregory, are there any other supporting person(s)?
No
Yes

Great! We'll calculate your tax credit and it will appear in the provincial summary

I go to the end and it still won't let me netfile. What is going on????