Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbowcott123
Returning Member

Work From Home Expenses - Error Prevents Net filing

I prepared a joint return. By mistake I claimed work from home expenses on my wifes return. I corrected it by zeroing out the expenses and claimed them myself. When I tried to netfile, I received a mesage "You've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19. To claim the employment expens...

I clicked on fix and was sent to my T4  and the message said "you've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19. To claim the employment expenses you entered, you'll need to go to your T4 slip and select 'no' to the question about claiming expenses for working from home due to COVID-19. 

I selected no, and was able to netfile. 

PROBLEM: My wife no longer works, but I get the same message and a request to " you've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19. To claim the employment expenses you entered, you'll need to go to your T4 slip and select 'no' to the question about claiming expenses for working from home due to COVID-19. 

I cannot net file her return and need a fix. All she claims is investment income and capital gains. 

Help! 

2 Replies

You've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19. To claim the employment expense

I keep getting this message and it won't let me submit my taxes to CRA can anyone out there help with this ? I've done exactly the steps they asked to fix the error but it still doesn't let me its like its in a loop.

Help

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issues. Thanks and its just a loop