TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
14 people found this useful

How do I change my password in the online edition of TurboTax?

To change your password in the online edition of TurboTax, follow the instructions below.

Instructions for TurboTax for 2018

1. Sign in to TurboTax 2018 (click here: link).
  2. Enter your email or user ID and your password in the appropriate fields, then select Sign In.
  3. Select Account settings from the left-hand navigation menu.
  4. Select Edit in the Password section.
  5. Enter your new password and your current password in the appropriate fields.
  6. Select Save.

Instructions for TurboTax for 2017 and 2016

1. Select the appropriate link below, depending on which tax year your account is for.
  1. Enter your email or user ID and your password in the appropriate fields, then select Sign In.
  2. Select Continue next to any return.
  3. Select Tools in the upper-right area of TurboTax.
  4. Select Update Account from the drop-down menu that appears.
  5. Select Edit in the Password section.
  6. Enter your new password and your current password in the appropriate fields.
  7. Select Save.

If you don't remember your password

1. Select the appropriate link below, depending on which tax year your account is for.

2. Select I forgot my user ID or password.
Provide your phone number, email or user ID on the Get help signing in to your account step, then select Continue.

TurboTax will send you instructions using the method of your choice (email or phone).

If you don't remember your user ID or don't have access to the email account on record

Follow these instructions to create a new TurboTax account (click here: link).

Note: Intuit Canada is committed to ensuring your personal information is safe and secure. Employees of Intuit Canada don’t have the ability to change or remove forgotten passwords.

Related information

HOW14534
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L2reXaduH_CA_en_CA