How do I claim the disability tax credit?
Note: To qualify for the disability tax credit, you must have a certified Form T2201 (DTC application) on file with the CRA or the CRA will reject your claim.
1. Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax.
2. Enter “disability” in the Find window.
3. Select Disability Amount from the options that appear, and then select Go.
The Disability Amount step appears.
4. Answer the questions in TurboTax, and then select Continue.
If you’re eligible, TurboTax calculates the credit and applies it to your balance, which helps reduce how much you owe.
- What is the disability tax credit?
- Is the disability tax credit transferable from a dependant?
- How do I claim the disability tax credit transferred from my spouse/partner or dependant?
- Tax credits and deductions for persons with disabilities (source: CRA)