Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I "refreshed" my frozen co I "refreshed" my frozen computer, which erased all previous years tax programs. How do I recover my data?

My computer refused to boot up so I enlisted  the help of the Microsoft program to back in time to a state where the system worked by eliminating recently added items until the system was restored.  This stripped my computer almost naked, taking all my previous years Turbo tax programs as well.  How do I recover my tax data|?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I "refreshed" my frozen co I "refreshed" my frozen computer, which erased all previous years tax programs. How do I recover my data?

Microsoft's restore to an earlier time has always been problematic.  Usually it only fixes Microsoft files and leaves everything else, whether it works or not.  If you used restore to factory, your data is gone. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Microsoft's restore to an earlier time has always been problematic.  Usually it only fixes Microsoft files and leaves everything else, whether it works or not.  If you used restore to factory, your data is gone.