Where do I find a copy of my filed return in online editions of TurboTax?
Starting with tax year 2017, we’ll save a PDF copy of your completed, filed tax return and store it online in your TurboTax account for up to 7 years*.
Here’s how it works:
You’ll do your taxes like you normally would, letting us guide you step-by-step.
When you’re ready to file (either by CRA’s NETFILE or by printing and mailing), TurboTax will make a PDF copy of your completed tax return and save it in your TurboTax account for you.
If you file using NETFILE, we save a copy of your return only once you’ve successfully filed and received a CRA confirmation number. So, if you get an error and need to make a correction before filing again, you can be confident that the copy we save for you matches what you actually filed to the CRA.
The same goes for printing to mail. If you print to mail, we’ll save a copy for you in your TurboTax account. If you decide to make a change in your return and print again, we’ll update the copy we saved for you to match the changes you made.
Residents of Québec will find two PDFs in their account. One of their filed federal return and one of their filed Québec return, no matter what method they choose to file.
Note: This service is not included with TurboTax Free unless you've added PLUS to your return.
To find the PDF copy of your filed returns:
1. Sign in to the online edition of TurboTax matching the tax year of the return you’re looking for:
2. On the “Great to see you again” step, select the Open link in the Access your returns section towards the bottom of your screen.
If you’re already signed in to TurboTax and are in a return, you’ll need to navigate back to the “Great to see you again” step to find your PDF copies.
- TurboTax for tax year 2018: From the menu on the left, select My Account & Returns and then select View all tax returns.
- TurboTax for tax year 2017: Select Tools in the upper right of your screen and then select Return Manager.
Looking for returns prior to tax year 2017? Check out our FAQ on how to save and print a tax return from a prior year of TurboTax online.
Looking for how to print a return a current year return you haven't filed yet? Check out our FAQ on how to save and print your current year return in online editions of TurboTax.
* If you are using a paid version of TurboTax, Intuit will retain and provide you access to your return for 3 years. If you continue as a paid TurboTax customer in subsequent years, we’ll continue to retain your tax returns for additional 3-year periods, up to a maximum of seven years.