Where do I find a copy of my filed return in TurboTax Online edition?
Important note: If the tax return you are looking for was filed using the CD/download edition of TurboTax, it will not appear in your TurboTax Online account. If you want to transfer information from a return in the CD/download edition to the online edition, here's how.
Tax year 2018 and 2017 returns
- Sign in to TurboTax Online.
- At the bottom of the screen, look for the section called Access your filed tax returns and select Open.
This is where you’ll find the PDF copies of your filed returns.
Tax year 2016 and prior-years returns
TurboTax didn’t have the same PDF capabilities for those years. If you want a copy, you can still access your returns and print them. See how to save and print a tax return from a prior year of the online edition of TurboTax.
- TurboTax customers using a paid product: We save your filed returns in your TurboTax Online account. You can access them for up to 7 years.
- TurboTax customers using the free product: The PDF feature is not available in the Free version unless you added PLUS to your return.
- In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from my previous year's tax return?
- In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?
Help us help you!
Please click the link below if you can take 2 minutes to answer a few questions to tell us what you think of this help page. There's also an opportunity for comments if you wish to tell us more.