Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
68caprice

Can I jump to my wifes taxes in easystep from my so I can file hers first?

I file my taxes jointly with my wife but I prefer to finish hers before mine. When I open my 2017 from it asks me questions without stating which person they are asking them about. Secondly,I cannot jump to her form to complete her taxes. How do I go about doing that?

3 Replies

I have provided some examples of how Turbo Tax will identify individual tax filers. There are questions that are generic to both filers that may not be individualized. Once you complete the setup you can prepare one return or other as you see fit.

You will need to provide the required information for both tax filers under the introduction section of Turbo Tax Desk Top software first before entering tax data in the system. The screens will ask for details of each spouses by name. Once the introduction has been completed you can provide tax data as you choose.

68caprice

The point I was making is that when I start a 2017 return based on my 2016 joint return it starts asking questions without designating which of the 2 of us it is asking the questions about.