Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i find line 319?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i find line 319?

Are you referring to Line 319 - Interest paid on your student loans on Schedule 1?

In TurboTax Online 2017, select “Students” from the “Deductions” tab. Check off “Student loan interest paid in 2017 or not claimed in a previous year” and click the blue “Continue” button. You may have to go past a few pages, but you should eventually get to the “Student Loan Interest” page. There you can put in your current and past year’s unclaimed interest.

In TurboTax Online 2018, select Deductions>Students>Student Profile from the left side menu. Check off “Student loan interest paid in 2018 or not claimed in a previous year” and click the blue “Continue” button. You may have to go past a few pages, but you should eventually get to the “Student Loan Interest” page. There you can put in your current and past year’s unclaimed interest.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

How do i find line 319?

Are you referring to Line 319 - Interest paid on your student loans on Schedule 1?

In TurboTax Online 2017, select “Students” from the “Deductions” tab. Check off “Student loan interest paid in 2017 or not claimed in a previous year” and click the blue “Continue” button. You may have to go past a few pages, but you should eventually get to the “Student Loan Interest” page. There you can put in your current and past year’s unclaimed interest.

In TurboTax Online 2018, select Deductions>Students>Student Profile from the left side menu. Check off “Student loan interest paid in 2018 or not claimed in a previous year” and click the blue “Continue” button. You may have to go past a few pages, but you should eventually get to the “Student Loan Interest” page. There you can put in your current and past year’s unclaimed interest.