Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Line 129 - Not Accepting Entry Amount - Software Error ?

Line 129 - RSP Income

I'm trying to enter $138 into Line 129 for a refund of excess RRSP contribution which is for a T4RSP slip I have from bank. When TurboTax opens dialog box after I click at Line 129, I can enter the $138 for Box 20, but when I save and close the dialog box, the amount doesn't transfer over to T1-General form and it still shows zero.

Is this a software error?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I resolved the issue. The excess contribution came from a Spousal RRSP account, which was indicated on the T4RSP slip, and also when I entered the info into the dialogue box. So even though the slip was in my name and I entered it on my return, the amount was added to Line 129 on my spouse's return, which is actually correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I resolved the issue. The excess contribution came from a Spousal RRSP account, which was indicated on the T4RSP slip, and also when I entered the info into the dialogue box. So even though the slip was in my name and I entered it on my return, the amount was added to Line 129 on my spouse's return, which is actually correct.

acarr888

If you used the Easy Step method you will not be able to enter the amount in the dialogue box and have it transferred to line 129. Ensure when you set up your profile that you have ticked all the boxes, indicating the tax slips that you have. I suggest it is easiest to use the import feature and import all the data from CRA.