Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
am683

After allowing the latest TurboTax update to install, any TurboTax file I save gives Error TT400. Is the latest update defective?

A friend called and asked for help with TurboTax 2017 as he was getting error TT400 trying to save a file.  He checked and all his TurboTax 2017 files gave the same error.  I opened my TurboTax 2017 and it wanted to install an update which I let it do.  Now I cannot save any of my TurboTax 2017 files either.  It sounds like this latest update is defective.

12 Replies
TXG

After allowing the latest TurboTax update to install, any TurboTax file I save gives Error TT400. Is the latest update defective?

Exact same thing happened to me - hours WASTED!!
s-watts

This is happening to me (Win 10).  I tried saving to different locations and as different users.  I installed it on another laptop (Win 7) and get the same error.
AM13

This is also happening to me (Windows 7). Worked great until I took the latest update today. Now unable to save any files. Just wasted 2 hours of my life
strife777

having the same problem after the update installed

I am having the same issue after today's update
s-watts

I installed TT on Win 10, Win 8 & Win 7.  On Win 8 I installed from the DVD and didn't do updates.  Same error.  It even errors after creating a new return.  I am a Network Admin and install software for a living.  I have wasted half a day on this.  Never had these issues and I've used this product in various forms for years.  Frustrating.
send2me43

I have the same issue. It does not even allow creating a new file.
momo22

Same thing, after install TT update can not save any of my returns, even after changing to diff locations. Very frustrating
s-watts

I spoke to Customer Support.  They say reinstalling fixing it.  However, I have done that, and have installed on 3 different systems with different operating systems and no joy.  They have opened a case with their software developers and have given me 5-7 days for a patch.