Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i getting form TP-1029 (quebec form) on an Ontario return? How do i delete it?

9 Replies

Why am i getting form TP-1029 (quebec form) on an Ontario return? How do i delete it?

You're right! The TP-1029 is for RÉNOVERT Tax Credit, in the province of QC.  Since you're an Ontario resident, the form won't apply to you. Chances are your province of residence needs a correction somewhere in your return. 

It's an easy fix. Here's where to check:

1) Your profile at the beginning of your return. There's a screen for province of residence.

2) If you have filled out a T2125 (business income) - check that the province of employment shows ON.

3) Lastly, check any T4 slip entries to ensure the province is correctly entered as well.

If these steps don't remove the form, then follow instructions in the link below:

How do I delete info I’ve entered into the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647920

i tried all that. Doesn't work.  Also ,when  i upload 2017 data to the 2018 return, i get the TP1029. Obviously, the 2017 was correct since i filed the return last year.  Looks like there is a bug in turbotax.

Issue seems to be from 2017 transfer from last year. If you did not live in QC, you should not have that form on your return, unless there is a section in your return from 2017 that you applied QC, rather than ON. Deleting the form is your route of operation as per instructions. Let me know...

you don't understand the problem. I tried to upload from last year and i get TP-1029. I start a return from scratch and i still get TP1029. I tried to clear the form and then close it but i can't get rid of it! HELP!!!

i have narrowed down the problem. I am trying to create a return for my mother-in-law. I started a new return using my name address,etc. I then changed the personnel data field by field. Initially i was able to create a return without the TP-1029. However when i changed her birthday to "1921", I got the TP-1029.  It looks like their is a bug related to birthdate.  Please look into this.

I will have the team have a look at this and see if this is an issue, will keep you posted........thank you for the feedback!

thank you..its been very frustrating so anything you can do will be MUCH appreciated!

No problem......I will have something for you before the end of the day either way!!  

@gary.kirsh - Please contact our support team by clicking on the link below. They will be able to assist you further based on your personal entries and circumstances:  

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

Good luck