Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I added T4A items, TTax added to line 150 now OSAP is saying we have misrepresented our income by that amount.

According to the CRA we did not need to count OSAP Scholarships amt, why did  TT add that information, causing us to have OSAP send us nasty letters.

I think I can resubmit and remove that amount but this is a hassle.

This was the 2017 tax season.

1 Reply

I added T4A items, TTax added to line 150 now OSAP is saying we have misrepresented our income by that amount.

You are required to report any T slips issued to you when filing your return. If your T4A contained scholarship/bursary income and you were a full-time student, the amounts would have been exempt from tax, but still entered into your return.

When you entered your T4A information into TurboTax last year, there were options to enter your box 105 amounts into one of 4 different spots - each one with a description of why it would be chosen (screenshot below). If you were a full-time student or qualifying part-time student and entered the amount in one of those boxes, the income would have been exempt.

To make the correction to your return, you'll just need to file an adjustment. Here's how: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992