Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few T4s for different provinces and a Releve1 form. I look everywhere but I cannot see an option to say that I worked in Quebec.

5 Replies

I have a few T4s for different provinces and a Releve1 form. I look everywhere but I cannot see an option to say that I worked in Quebec.

f you are not resident in Québec and you received a Relevé 1, do the following:

1.  In your income profile, in the Income and work related expenses section, you will have indicated that you had income from T4 slips.  Directly below this, check the box labeled, "I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip".

2.  Go to Income > T-slips > T4 Employment income in the Navigation menu, and click Edit on the T4 that has the associated RL-1 slip.

3.  Enter the amount of Québec tax withheld in Box E of the RL-1 in the field labeled, " Québec tax deducted from your Relevé 1 slip  (Non-resident of Québec)".

Etienne Asselin
Returning Member

Is this possible on the free version -- or are we coerced into upgrading? I do not have either of the fields available.

Yes, you can enter the province you worked in and Releve1 on the TurboTax Free version.

IT18

Is there an equivalent to this for investment income? Specifically, if I am a non-resident of Quebec, and received both a T5 and Releve 3 in respect of interest paid on a retroactive lump sum payment of income earned in Quebec, how do I enter the Releve 3? While the T4 option described in this answer is helpful (i.e. a box you can click to clarify that you do have a Releve 1 even if you're not a Quebec resident), I am wondering why there isn't some equivalent for when you answer the T5 question. Am I missing something? Thank you!

You can proceed by completing your return by entering your T5. Contact Revenu Quebec so that they can advise you if you would need to complete a form for the releve 3 and mail it to them.  https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/contact-us/general-information-individuals/