Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shredder

I purchased disability insurance from my bank when i got the mortgage on my home. This insurance paid my mortgage this year, is this taxable and how do i report this?

The bank disability insurance took effect when my wife got sick.  They made the payments for the mortgage for the past year. Is this taxable income and how should it be reported?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I purchased disability insurance from my bank when i got the mortgage on my home. This insurance paid my mortgage this year, is this taxable and how do i report this?

I'm sorry to hear about your wife but you made a smart move by getting that insurance!. Those payments are not taxable since you paid the premiums yourself as part of your mortgage. They don't need to be included anywhere on your tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I'm sorry to hear about your wife but you made a smart move by getting that insurance!. Those payments are not taxable since you paid the premiums yourself as part of your mortgage. They don't need to be included anywhere on your tax return.