Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mavanaja

My son (just started his college) got his T4A for a eligible RESP withdrawal (3000 cad), should i include in my Tax retrun or should i fie his tax return separately ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My son (just started his college) got his T4A for a eligible RESP withdrawal (3000 cad), should i include in my Tax retrun or should i fie his tax return separately ?

Your son should be filing his own tax return and including all slips received as his own income. If he is transferring any of his tuition credits to you, you'll need to first prepare his return to get the correct figures to enter on your own tax return. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did your son receive a T4RSP for his RESP withdrawal, or a T4A for a grant or scholarship?
mavanaja

Yes

Your son should be filing his own tax return and including all slips received as his own income. If he is transferring any of his tuition credits to you, you'll need to first prepare his return to get the correct figures to enter on your own tax return.