Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myne05

I have a regular job but do skip & ubereats on the side, do I have to separate the two (skip/uber) or add both up as one when filing my self-employed tax?

1. I have a regular job but I do skipthedishes and ubereats on the side, I have completed my T4 section for income earned, for the self-employed section, do I have to separate the two (skip/uber) or add both up as one when filing my self-employed tax?

2. Is it advisable to claim CCA, I bought my car, new, for personal use but I use for uber/skip on the side, about 25-30% of my year mileage.

1 Reply

I have a regular job but do skip & ubereats on the side, do I have to separate the two (skip/uber) or add both up as one when filing my self-employed tax?

1. Since UberEats and Skip the Dishes have the same industry code and are related ventures, you can combine your income and expenses into one business.

2. No harm in claiming the CCA for your vehicle. It's actually a good deduction for your type of self-employment income.

Check out our Uber page for lots of great tips and a special discount www.turbotax.ca/uber