Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zanollibj

Input income from self-employment...someone told me i need line item 162 but don't know how to get there to input my extra income

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Input income from self-employment...someone told me i need line item 162 but don't know how to get there to input my extra income

You don’t enter the amount directly on Line 162. Instead you would use the T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities, or the Self-Employment part of the TurboTax interview.

If you are using TurboTax Online, use the “Find” tool to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, use the “Find” tool to search for “bus”. Select “Business Profile” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You don’t enter the amount directly on Line 162. Instead you would use the T2125 Statement of Business or Professional Activities, or the Self-Employment part of the TurboTax interview.

If you are using TurboTax Online, use the “Find” tool to search for “self”. Select “Self-Employment” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, use the “Find” tool to search for “bus”. Select “Business Profile” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

Kitschey

So, once the amount is added to "Sales, Comissions or fees" on the T2125, will it automatically fill line 135 & 162? The summary only shows line 135 (it used to also show 162). Does the amount also need to go onto line 104? I seem to recall someone telling me this in previous years.