Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPRW

Why it is not giving the credit for the climate action incentive dependant portion it gives the provincial & federal credit for eligible dependant?

I have checked everything I cannot figure out why it is not giving the credit  it gives the provincial & federal credit for eligible dependant  i have gone over this about 20 times   i have uninstalled & reinstalled the program  help would be greatly appreciated 

Jennifer emailed me but her answer "

If you're using the Forms method of TurboTax, open the Dependant info box and ensure that yes is selected for Qualified for Climate Action Incentive for that dependant.

if the credit still doesn't appear, check that the Schedule 14 has been fully completed."

was not relevant    turbo tax will not let me anwer yes under the dependant being qualified for the climate action incentive      why?????

3 Replies

Why it is not giving the credit for the climate action incentive dependant portion it gives the provincial & federal credit for eligible dependant?

Is it the same dependant that you're trying to claim the CAI? The dependant for whom the ED credit has been claimed?
cprw1967

Yes

In Forms view of TurboTax CD/Download, open the Dependants Info box by selecting the icon marked Dependant from the top of your screen.

I've attached a screenshot of a completed dependant info box as well as how the credit will appear on the S14 (ON).

If after completing the Dependant Info Box and answering any qualifying questions on the S14 the credit still isn't appearing properly, please contact our phone support team for assistance.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013