Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vantershe
Returning Member

I use the quick method for collecting gst/qst, how do I claim my expenses, with or without the taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I use the quick method for collecting gst/qst, how do I claim my expenses, with or without the taxes?

If you are using the quick method, you calculate everything with the GST (income and expenses). The GST you remit in the year you remit is also an expense for that year.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you are using the quick method, you calculate everything with the GST (income and expenses). The GST you remit in the year you remit is also an expense for that year.

vantershe
Returning Member

Really I didn't know that.where would I enter the amount as an expense?

If this is for a business and you are filling out the business form T2125, the taxes will go in Line 8760 "Business tax, fees, licences, dues, memberships, and subscriptions"