Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheers
Returning Member

Email Confirmations - Turbo Tax (Intuit)

I transmitted each of my families' tax returns yesterday (March 30, 2020) and have not received email confirmations for any of them.  My email address has not changed so I do not understand why the emails were not sent.  There are four returns, one each for myself, husband, son & daughter.  In the past, the confirmations would be sent to my email address almost immediately after submitting the tax return. I have CRA Netfile confirmation numbers for each, which were provided upon transmitting each of the returns.  When I go into Turbo Tax, I can see that each file has been transmitted.  I have used Turbo Tax for the past 5 yrs and have never had this issue before.   The email comes as follows: [email address removed]  with Subject Line: Turbo Tax - Your Netfile Confirmation. Email continues with Hi to the individual names saying Congratulations? The tax return you filed has been accepted by CRA's NETFILE service! Then continues with Transmission Confirmation details: Who it has been transmitted for, when accepted and the Netfile #.  What can I do to ensure these confirmations are going to be sent?  Thanks for your help.  Signed from Cheers

4 Replies

As long as you've received the confirmation numbers that the returns were filed, you can rest assured they have been received.

Here's another way to find confirmation that your return was successfully filed using NETFILE:  https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2864697

You mentioned your account shows your current email address. This is where that email address should appear:  https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647988.

Cheers
Returning Member

Thank you so much for your quick response. I tried to follow your instructions below, but am unable to see an Account Settings button.  I am registered with TurboTax Advantage. Does that make a difference?  TurboTax Advantage has my correct email address.  When I log into the TurboTax Canada 2019 application, it brings up the four returns I have completed.  When I select mine and hit continue, it opens up the relevant return, but there is no Account Settings option.  If I pull up the form INFOWS (2019 Personal Information - Worksheet), there is no email address indicated.  Is this where it should be reflected, and if so, what does that mean for the other returns in the file (family members)?  How does that form relate to providing email confirmations upon transmitting to CRA?

When using TurboTax download and looking to find your email confirmations- they will be sent to the email on your account- or if you entered an email address for the specific people you completed returns to.

Please note that you can verify that your returns were successfully filed by printing out each confirmation number once filed.

Here is how to find your confirmation numbers.

ok done