Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diana2

Have not received a response so re-posting the question. How come Form T1206 opens and is printed as part of the tax return even though I do not have tax on split income?

I do not have any "split income".  When reviewing the return before netfiling, TurboTax "Review: Errors" says I have to indicate whether I have TOSI.  Even if I answer "NO" to this question, Form T1206 is automatically opened and is printed as part of my return.  I cannot seem to close it.  Going to Edit\Forms\Close Unused Forms does not work.  It appears that as long as I answer "NO" to the question as part of the "Review: Errors" check before filing, Form T1206 will always open and print, even if it is unused.  Is there a way to correct this?  If not, will I be able to netfile my return if I do not answer the question (i.e. leave it blank) as part of "Review: Errors", or is it mandatory to answer the question and just let Form T1206 print with zero tax on split income?

1 Reply

Have not received a response so re-posting the question. How come Form T1206 opens and is printed as part of the tax return even though I do not have tax on split income?

The form is generated as part of the PDF even if you answer No. It's a setting in the PDF itself that we're actively addressing. 

You must answer the question in order to complete your return. Answer No if applicable and continue through to submit your return via NETFILE. Then, when printing your PDF copy for your records, you can either include the TOSI sheets or use the settings on your printer to print only the selected pages you prefer.