Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agl2005

How come I cannot Netfile on February 19, 2024 as indicated in the CRA website ? thanks

6 Replies

How come I cannot Netfile on February 19, 2024 as indicated in the CRA website ? thanks

What happens when you try to NetFile?

agl2005

I was a bit impatient to Netfile my return.

It has since been resolved by an update of the program.

Merci!

Husky1

I am still not able to…..it just keeps saying that you can file by the middle of February!

You need to close your software and reopen it and make sure you go the updates.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Efb1935

I am getting a little irritate Turbox Tax said by January 24, it is now March 31, 2024 and it is still not accepting my Taxes, I am very disappointed and will consider trying a new system next year

As per our TurboTax article: NETFILE Open in Canada: When You Can Start Filing Taxes

When Do You Need to Paper File?

NETFILE isn’t available for everyone. Some individuals who want to file their returns themselves have to mail a paper copy of their return instead of NETFILE.

You cannot NETFILE if:

• The CRA doesn’t have your date of birth or Social Insurance Number on file.
  • You went bankrupt in the past 2 years.
  • You are a deemed resident and don’t have to pay provincial taxes.
  • You are filing for a deceased person who died in the tax year or the prior year.
  • You are an emigrant or non-resident.
  • Your address is outside Canada.
  • You have a Canadian-source income from Lloyds of London.

These aren’t the only restrictions. Review the “other” restriction list here to determine if you are required to paper file. You can download the Income Tax and Benefit Return copy for your province, fill it in, print it, and mail it to CRA.

Although you may not be able to NETFILE your return for the above reasons, you can still use TurboTax software to prepare and file your tax return to the CRA & RQ. You will have to print and mail it to your nearest tax center, listed here. For those sending in their provincial return by mail in Québec, review this link for RQ address. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.