Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coud414

I forgot to mail my t2202a for last years tax return when I received a Processing Review letter from the CRA in August,what should I do now since I'm passed the deadline?

Is it too late to do anything now ? and if the answer is yes, does that mean i have to file my taxes without it now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I forgot to mail my t2202a for last years tax return when I received a Processing Review letter from the CRA in August,what should I do now since I'm passed the deadline?

If you still have last year's T2202A, fax a copy of it, and a copy of the letter requesting the information to the fax number on the letter.  Put the reference number from the letter at the top of the T2202A.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
coud414

I was able to send it electronically CRA site the letter provided

If you still have last year's T2202A, fax a copy of it, and a copy of the letter requesting the information to the fax number on the letter.  Put the reference number from the letter at the top of the T2202A.

coud414

I have another question if you don't mind. For doing this years tax return should I tick the empty box for "Unused tuition fees and education amounts from previous years" for online tax return or the box for "Tuition fees on a receipt, T2202A, or TL11" or both? or am I supposed to do something else?

No, because it will presumably be used in the reassessment when you send in the T1. You should be fine with just the T1 adjustment.